Contributor listings are the individuals that contributed to the projects and other listings that are in the Archives. This is a page that is designed to collect information about that individual and also link to Projects and Other listings that they contributed to. It is best to create and save the project or projects that they contributed to and then add the contributor's listings.
- Click on the "Add" link located in the Navigation bar main menu. This will open a drop box.
- Click on the "Add Contributor Listing" with the Person icon next to it
When the page reloads, it opens a form with a vertical tab menu on the left hand side, with the Basic Information tab open.
- In the Title field enter the name of the contributor.
- Upload or select an image from the file browser that represents the contributor. Click on the "Chose File" to browse your computer's files to upload a new image. If the image has already been uploaded to the site, you can click on the "Open File Browser" and select the image from those already uploaded. A hint is to use your browsers word search function and type in the file name.
- In the 'name" fields add the contributors first and last name.
- In the Nickname field add any nick names the contributor used. If they used more thatn one, click on the "Add another item" and when the field loads add another.
- Select the decade or decades that the contributor was active. For example, if this person was in a band that formed in 1978 and then broke up in 1983, then both 1970s and 1980s would be selected. Let's say that they reunited and played a number of shows in 2009, then you would also want to select 2000s.
- Select the state or states that the contributor was active in. Often contributors may have operated or moved their home base to a different state. You can select as many as you like but it should be that the project made an impact in that state. For example, if the contributor was in a band and they were founded in Cleveland, OH and then moved to Minneapolis, MN then both Ohio and Minnesota should be selected but if they stayed in Cleveland but played Michigan, Kansas, Iowa, etc..., then only Ohio should be selected. The term "Outside of the Upper Midwest" should be selected for any listing that was active outside of the states listed.
- In the field under "UA Member Profile", if the contributor is a member of the archives, then type in their user name. When it appears in the drop box select the correct one.
Return to the top of the page
- Click on the "Roles" tab in the Vertical Tab Menu on the left hand side.
- In the Roles text field begin to type in the roles that this contributor played in the project(s). As you type a drop box of possible roles will appear below, select the one that matches the closest. For example if they play rhythm guitar, select "guitar" instead of adding an additional role. If no role comes up, you can add one but make sure that it is in fact needed. You can add additional roles terms by placing a comma between each term.
Next you need to reference the cities that the contributor was active in.
- Click on the "Location" tab on the upper right hand side. This will open a number of auto complete fields to enter the city in which the project was active.
- Locate the state or states that the contributor was active in. Then type in the name of the city or town. You will notice a drop box with city names in that state will begin to appear below the text area. Select the one that matches.
- If the name of the city doesn't appear below, check the spelling and re-type it. If it still doesn't appear, type in the full city name and this will add it to the Taxonomy.
- If the project was active in more than one city in the state you can add additional cities by placing a comma between each city name.
- If the project was active in more than one state, make sure to locate that states field and enter the city there.
The next tab allows you to add information that is about this person.
- Click on the "Biography & Memories" tab in the Vertical Tab Menu on the left hand side
- In the "Biography" text field write a biography about the contributor
- In the "Memories" text field add any memories that you have about this individual. Make sure to mention that this is your memory so we know where it came from. If there is already text in this area, then you are going to want to open another text field for your memory by clicking on the "Add another item" Button below the field.
I would suggest that you create and save the project listing first so that it can be added here. Also don't forget to add a reference to this contributor on the project page.
- Go to the top of the page and click on the "Project" tab. This will open the Projects tab.
- Enter the role that the contributor had in the project. As you type a drop box will appear with options to choose from, select the correct one. If they played more than one role in the project additional roles can be added the same way by just adding a comma at the end of each role. If the role doesn't appear or something close to the role, you can add a new role by just typing it in. However, understand that "guitarist" is the same as "guitar" as is "talent buy" is the same as "promoter / talent buyer".
- In the "Project contributed to" field enter the project name, just like the role, a drop box will appear with contributor's names that match what you have typed. If one doesn't either the name is misspelled or their contributor page hasn't been created and you will have to do it.
- If this person contributed to other projects listed in the archives, you will want to add additional references. Clicking on the "Add another item" button will add another form to add another contributor.
If this person was involved in a release or event that is listed in the archive, you can reference it here.
- Click on the "Releases & Events" Tab in the Vertical Tab Menu on the Left hand site.
- In the "Release & Events" field type in the name of the release or event that they were involved in. Then select it from the drop box that appears below. if it doesn't appear that means that it you will need to create it before it can me referenced here or on the Project Listing page.
- If there is additional releases or events, click on the "Add another item".
You can add a group of images to create a Juicebox gallery. At this point it is limited to 50 images but I hope to buy the license in the future to make it unlimited. There is a number of methods that you can use to add images to the gallery once you click on "Image Gallery" in the Vertical Tab Menu:
- Add images that are already uploaded to the site by clicking on the "Open File Browser" link. This will open a browser window with a list of every file on the site. A hint is to use your browsers search feature and enter the file name. Once you locate the file, double click on the preview and the image will be added to listings.
- Add a number of images using the Advance Upload option. Just click on the "Advance Upload" link and a box will appear as seen in the image to the left. To add images just open the folder where the files are located on your computer and then select them. Then drag the selected images into the area labeled "Drag files here." When you release the files, a listing of all the files will appear in the box. If you wish to add additional files do so until you are ready to upload. Then click on the "Start Upload" button. Even after the upload is started you can continue to add additional files. Once the files are all uploaded a list of all the images and thumbnails of the images will appear so you can edit them.
- Upload a image at a time by clicking on the "Chose file" button, selecting the file and then clicking on the "Upload" button.
- To Embed YouTube videos, enter the "share" link into the field.
- To add additional Embedded videos, click on the "Add another item" button to load additional fields.
In the Contact tab you can add contact information for the contributor. It is best for privacy reasons that the person does this themselves.
- Click on the "Contact" tab in the Vertical Tab menu
- Enter e-mail address for the contributor. You can add additional ones by clicking on the "Add another item" button.
- if the person has a personal website or a social network page it can be added here. Just enter the title and url address. If you need to add additional links, click on the "Add another item" button to open additional fields.
- Additional contact information. Here any contact information can be added.
- Member profile - If this contributor is a member of the Archives you can reference it here by typing in the user name and then selecting it from the drop down listing that appears below.
Now that you have taken the time to create or edit this Contributor listings, please let us know that you did and where your infomration.
- Click on the "Bibliography" Tab and this will open the Bibliography form.
- If the fields are already filled out, it means that someone else has created/added this listing. You will need to open a new form. To do so, go to the bottom and click on the "Add another item" button. If the form is empty, go to step 3.
- Enter your first and last name in the Real Name Fields
- Click on the drop box in the "User Name" field and select your user name from the list.
- The date field should show today's date and not need to be changed.
- Under "What was Changed" select the one that is closest to what you have added or edited.
- Under "Sources" select the source of your information. If it is not listed you can select other and then put the details in the "Notes" text field.
- In the text field labeled "Physical Media Referenced" list books, magazines, films, etc... that you used to comply the infromation
- In the link field "Web Sources" add a title and url address for website that you used for information. If you used more than one, click on the "Add another item" to add additional web sources.
- In the "Notes" text area fill free to add anything more information that you wish about where the information you used came from. Also, if you need to add image or other credits do so here.
At the bottom left hand side of the form there is another vertical tab menu. Most of these items are already preset and will need no adjustment or may only be available to those that are administrators. However, from time to time they may need to be adjusted and here is a run down on what is here:
- Menu Setting - None of the lsitings in the site have a menu item.
- URL path settings - This is the URL or address to this listing. There is no reason to change this. By default it will be set to http://underground-archives.com/title-name
- XML sitemap - May only be on admin level. This is the inclusion in the XML site map that is submitted to the search engines. by default it will be set to included with 1.0 setting.
- Revision information - This allows you to create a revision version of the listing and add notes.
- Comment Settings - This is to turn on the comments for the listing. By default this is turned on.
- Authoring information - This is information about the user who posted the listing and when.
- Publishing options - This can come in handy if you feel the listing is not ready to post. You will want to make sure that you know the address assigned to the listing so that you can come back to finish and post it.
- Display settings - This is another that might only be available to admin. Either way it should not be changed.
At this point you have done everything you can and it's time to post your listing to the site. To do so, click on the "Save" button. You can preview the listing but it's my experience that often this will cause issues including losing all the saved work. If you want to preview it before posting I would suggest using the publishing options and un-checking "published". Then click on the "Save" button. Once the page reloads you can preview the listing and then click on the edit tab, make any changes you need to, check "published" and post the listing.