Any member of the site can add an interview of anyone that contributed to Underground Culture. It is my experience that it's best to conduct the interview through e-mail but you can do it anyway you wish.
- Title Field - Enter the name of the subject of the interview followed by interview. It is important to add "Interview" at the end to avoid conflicts with contributor and project pages.
- Interview Image - Upload or select an image from Archives that represents the subject of the interview.
- Body - This should be a short introduction of the subject of the interview
- State(s) - This should be states in which the subject has been active.
- Contributor Listing - If the person you are interviewing already has a contributor listing, type the name into the field and select the correct one when it appears in the box below.
- UA Members Profile - If the subject is a member of the Archives, type in their user name and select the correct one when it appears below.
- Return to the top of the page and click on the "City" tab in the vertical tab menu.
- Find the states that the subject was active and then type the city name in the proper state. As you type options for the city will appear below, select the correct one. If no options appear enter the name in and add it to the terms.
At the bottom left hand side of the form there is another vertical tab menu. Most of these items are already preset and will need no adjustment or may only be available to those that are administrators. However, from time to time they may need to be adjusted and here is a run down on what is here:
- URL path settings - This is the URL or address to this listing. There is no reason to change this. By default it will be set to http://underground-archives.com/title-name
- XML sitemap - May only be on admin level. This is the inclusion in the XML site map that is submitted to the search engines. by default it will be set to included with 1.0 setting.
- Revision information - This allows you to create a revision version of the listing and add notes.
- Comment Settings - This is to turn on the comments for the listing. By default this is turned off.
- Authoring information - This is information about the user who posted the listing and when.
- Publishing options - This can come in handy if you feel the listing is not ready to post. You will want to make sure that you know the address assigned to the listing so that you can come back to finish and post it.
- Display settings - This is another that might only be available to admin. Either way it should not be changed.
At this point you have done everything you can and it's time to post your listing to the site. To do so, click on the "Save" button. You can preview the listing but it's my experience that often this will cause issues including losing all the saved work. If you want to preview it before posting I would suggest using the publishing options and un-checking "published". Then click on the "Save" button. Once the page reloads you can preview the listing and then click on the edit tab, make any changes you need to, check "published" and post the listing.